Saturday, August 13, 2005

Thoughts from Buenos Aires

I don't claim to be an exotic world traveler, but I can definitely tell when a city has some passion, and Buenos Aires, Argentina certainly qualifies. The people here are great - friendly, helpful, and charming; their city is a wonderful blend of Europe and Latin America, all rolled into one.

On Monday, I will be venturing into Patagonia and, essentially, into a different time. I will have little to no communication with the outside world from the estancia, and it is unlikely that I will make it into town to use a locutorio (communication center) very frequently. Needless to say, this is going to be an experience.

Almost time for an asado (famous Argentine barbecue) --- it's almost 9:00 PM here.

I know this has nothing to do with the Social Gospel Today, but bear with me - I'm trying to soak up all the contact with the outside world that I can muster...

3 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger dlhp0tjoe82qiut said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Infission said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Infission said...

I removed a solicitation for stocks. This is going to be no fun if spammers start attacking blogs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home