Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Out of town, out of touch

Blogosphere friends,

One of the benefits of two people posting on a blog is that at any given time one can pick up the slack for the other. It's a good thing I know Infission so well, 'cause I am about to become a major blog slacker. On Friday, I am leaving the country until the end of October. A law school friend and his father have arranged for me to "get back to nature" as a ranch hand on an estancia in the Patagonia region of Argentina. Crazy, huh?

Needless to say, I am very excited about the opportunity, if not a little intimidated. Not only will this be a great chance to see one of the most beautiful regions of the world, but I also look forward to developing my Spanish skills and getting to know another way of life. While I don't anticipate seeing any burning bushes in the Andes, I also hope to have plenty of free time to just stop and think about things - a definite luxury these days. I know I didn't get around to my resonse to the mega-church issue - my bad - but I assure you that 12 weeks in the middle of nowhere will only help me come up with a more articulate response.

As I really don't know what to expect (other than cold weather), I definitely value your thoughts and prayers. On that note, I leave you in the very capable hands of Infission (with some potential posts from ats54, too).

Hasta pronto, mis amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home