Friday, March 25, 2005

Reverend, explained

So with help from ats54 and Infission, I'm realizing now that my chosen callname might have come across the wrong way. In choosing "reverend," my intent was self-deprication --- I often come across preachy and as a "know-it-all" in theological and religious discussions. You in the blogosphere, however, have no way of knowing that, and I'm concerned that "reverend" doesn't send the right message.

While I won't commit to a permanent name change, this will be my first post under the monicker "42." For our long time readers, my love for the game and spirit of baseball should come as no surprise. I choose "42" as a shout out to one of the most remarkable players of all time, not specifically for what he did between the foul lines (he was great there, too), but because of the struggle (through non-violent protest in the face of pure hatred) that he endured to get and remain there. Here's to you, Jackie Robinson.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Infission said...

I dig! Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home