Saturday, February 19, 2005

Today

Our apologies for being such slackers this week. I've got no good excuse other than the normal "really busy" one that I hate to use. So I won't.

In the news today: glorifying warfare.
"We wanted to show how vicious the fight was beforehand," said Hunt, curator at the National Museum of the Pacific War in nearby Fredericksburg. "It wasn't troops going forward gloriously to victory. There were a lot of casualties."
Is it just me, or can't we come up with a better way to honor the sacrifice of those who have fought and died than by reenacting how violent their deaths were? How about reenacting their loving families back home? The jovial camaraderie they shared behind the front lines? Am I being too much of a dreamer here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home