Saturday, November 27, 2004

New Crossan Book

John Dominic Crossan, considered by many the foremost scholar of the historical Jesus (and who is, in my opinion, clearly the most brilliant historical Jesus scholar), has written a new book about Paul called In Search of Paul: How Jesus' Apostle Opposed Rome's Empire with God's Kingdom.

I will be ordering the book myself, and I recommend it to you as well. Paul is a frustrating character for many progressive Christians -- myself included -- and I am anxious to hear what Crossan has discovered.

While you're waiting for your book to arrive, please listen to this profound and moving NPR interview with Crossan. In it, Crossan discusses his new Paul book, the recent election and the Republican's unjustified claims to Christianity, and his own faith.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home