Sunday, July 11, 2004

Gay Marriage, Redux

In his weekly radio address Saturday, President Bush devoted considerable attention to gay marriage, expressing again his support for the pending constitutional amendment which would ban it. Are Christians really going to let themselves be distracted by these tactics from the fact this administration has completely ignored Jesus' command to serve "the least of these?" Mt 25.45. Bush's comments on gay marriage, when considered in context with the announcement that the administration is slashing funding for section 8 housing (see below), shows how the administration uses social issues to pull wool over the eyes of Christians. How many millions of "the least of these" may say to this administration, "I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me?" Mt. 25.44. But their cry is drowned out by gay marriage and Janet Jackson's breast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home